Thursday, September 27, 2007

The Phantom of the Opera

The most recent movie I saw was Phantom of the Opera. The Phantom of the Opera is a great story by itself, but never seeing the play before I was impressed with he movie. The movie, even though it was not presented on a stage infront of a live audience, captured many aspects of being on a stage. Another great aspect of the movie was the singing. Even thoguh the actors did the singing in a studio, and mouthed the words in the movie, the sound they produced was phenomenal. I have listened to a recording of Phantom of the Opera on Broadway, and it was very comparable to the movie. The singers did a great job, and brought the music from the stage into the home of a person. Overall the movie was good, and the music was phenomenal.

4 comments:

Allison K. said...

Andrew-
I totally agree with you. I love this movie and it is one of my all time favorites. I didn't realize why i liked it so much until you said it brought the stage preformance in to the persons home. It perfectly describes it. Wahoo

Asian said...

OOh a classic, although I myself have never seen it, it seems like an interesting piece. The movie sounds as though it would be a worthwhile watch for those who want to experience a work of art.

whitney! said...

i definitely loved the phantom of the opera especially because of its 'stage-like' quality. For sure though it helps being able to film all over,... instead of on stage

Dan M. said...

I have never seen the movie myself but I have often heard the soundtrack being played while I am in the car with you. It's good music but I don't know whether or not I will see the movie because I am not the biggest fan of musicals.